ESRTP overview, partners & objectives
The ESRTP was established in the summer of 2001 to tackle unmet transport
needs in the old East Surrey Health Authority area.
The partnership is now a company with charitable status and receives funding
for projects from various partners.
The composition of the Partnership is shown below:
East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership Members
Click to follow links.
Elmbridge Borough Council
Epsom and Ewell Borough
Mole Valley District
Banstead Borough Council
Surrey Community Action
Surrey County Council
- To identify transport needs throughout rural communities in east Surrey
and to find workable solutions.
- To encourage and promote the use of public and community transport.
- To maximise the use of existing transport resources.
- To tackle the particular transport needs of groups who are not traditionally
recognised as being in need of transport.
- To support the current network of voluntary car drivers and to encourage
the formation of new schemes.
- To endeavour to provide improved access to services for:
- People with a physical disability
- People with a mobility difficulty
- People with learning disability
- To endeavour to provide alternate transport modes to the private car for
work, education, training, shopping, health and medical needs, recreation
"Drivers are excellent & helpful"
East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership